Terms and Conditions
By the conditions set out below First Flight and its servants and agents are firstly not to be liable at all for certain losses and damage and secondly wherever they are to to be liable, the amount of liability is strictly limited to the amount stated in condition 8. Customers are therefore advised to purchase insurance cover to ensure that their interests are protected. See condition 10 insurance below.This is a summary of our main Terms and Conditions. Our full terms and conditions are available from First Flight Singapore Office.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions together with those available from our office are all the terms of the contract between you, the sender of the shipment, and us, First Flight. When you give us your shipment, you accept our terms both for yourself and for anyone else who has an interest in the shipment. Our terms and conditions also protect anyone who we may contract to collect, transport or deliver your shipment. No employee of First Flight or anyone else has any authority to change any of our terms and or conditions, or make any promise on our behalf.
DEFINITION OF ‘SHIPMENT’
“Shipment” means all documents or parcels that travel under one Airway bill. You certify that shipment details are complete and accurate.
You appoint us as your agent to conduct Customs Clearance and entry and certify First Flight as consignee solely for the purpose of designating a Customs Broker to perform Customs Clearance and entry.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
You agree to pay our charges for the carriage to the locations specified on the consignment note to be calculated in accordance with the rates applicable as set out in our current tariff card or which have been agreed separately with you. All import duties on good and all other charges levied on the shipment shall be payable on delivery. We charge according to the higher of actual weight or volumetric weight.
– If you wish to claim for a lost or damaged shipment
– You must claim in writing
– We must receive your claim within 21 days from the date that we accepted your shipment.
– Please send or take your claim to First Flight Office
EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY
– Subject to conditions 10 and 12). In respect of any one shipment, our liability for any loss or damage however occasioned is limited to the lowest of three amounts:
– US$50, or
– The actual amount of any loss or damage suffered by you; or
– The actual value of the shipment. This does not include any commercial value or special value to you any other person
We recommend that you take out shipment insurance. We can arrange insurance for you. But please note that our shipment insurance does not cover consequential damages, or loss or damage caused by transportation delays. If you do not take Shipment Insurance, you assume all risks of loss or damage.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL
We are not liable if a shipment is lost, damaged or misdelivered because of circumstances beyond our control. These include
– “Act of God” for example earthquake, cyclone, storm or flood
– “Force majeure” for example war, plane crash, or embargo
– Any defect or characteristic to do with the nature of the shipment, event if known to us when we accepted it
– Any action or omission by anyone outside First Flight. For example – the sender of the shipment – the receiver – an interested third party – Customs or other Government officials – The Postal Service, other carrier or other third party who we contract to serve directly. We are not liable even if the sender did not ask for or know about a third party arrangement.
We shall make every reasonable effort to deliver your shipment according to our normal delivery schedules but these are not guaranteed and do not form part of this contract. We are not liable for any delays. Please note that we are not able to deliver to PO Box Numbers.
DEFINITION OF ‘ACTUAL VALUE’
– The lowest of the following amounts, determined as at the time and place we accepted the shipment DOCUMENTS.
– The cost of repairing or replacing the document, or
– The cost of reconstructing or reconstituting the document
– The cost of repairing or replacing the parcel, or
– The resale or fair market value of the parcel
INSURANCE OF SHIPMENTS (Not available for Documents)
We are also not liable for electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of, electronic or photographic images or recordings.
– We are not liable for the following, whether they arise in contract or any other form of civil action, including negligence, and even if they are our fault
– Consequential or special damages or loss
– Other indirect loss
– Breach of other contracts
– Consequential damages or loss include, but are not limited to, lost income, profits, interests, markets, and use of content.
If the transportation of a shipment involve an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention may apply. The Convention governs, and in most cases further limits, our liability for loss or damage to such shipment. Warsaw convention also applies to clauses 11 and 13.
Carriage Under Warsaw Convention
A: As used in the First Flight (S) Pte Ltd terms and conditions, “Warsaw Convention” or “Convention” means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules relating to International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw, Oct. 12, 1929, or that convention as amended, including the Montreal Protocol No. 4 and the Montreal Convention, whichever is applicable to the carriage or “carrier,” including the air carrier issuing the air waybill and all air carriers that carry the goods or perform any other services related to the carriage.
B: The Warsaw Convention limits our liability for loss or delay of or damage to your shipment to US$20.38 per Kilo. The interpretation of the Warsaw Convention’s liability limits may vary depending on the destination country. If the Warsaw Convention as amended by Montreal Protocol No. 4 or the Montreal Convention applies to your shipment, our liability is limited to 17 Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) per kilo.